Juan Manuel de Castro has an extensive and recognized experience in both the public and private sectors. He worked as a Judge for ten years, six of which he was the Director of the Commercial Court number 10 in Barcelona, where he led significant judicial and bankruptcy proceedings.
Juan Manuel is an expert in large processes of a commercial nature, D&O, corporate disputes, intellectual property, unfair competition and large claims. In addition to his career in public administration, Juan Manuel has practiced as a commercial and litigation lawyer for over 18 years in prestigious international firms like Arthur Andersen, Baker & McKenzie and Clifford Chance.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Magistrate on leave of absence
- Professor of Bankruptcy and Commercial Law at ESADE, Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and the Abat Oliba University CEU
- Regular speaker at seminars, lectures and conferences regarding insolvency and commercial matters
- Author and contributor to several books and technical studies on bankruptcy and commercial law published by prestigious publishing houses and magazines
- Law Degree, Complutense University of Madrid (UCM)
- Master in Business Law, Free School of Economy & Law of Madrid
Awards and recognitions