Ruth is a State Insurance Inspector on leave of absence and has extensive experience advising insurance companies, as well as life and non-life reinsurance companies on regulatory and compliance matters, regarding their business in Spain or their international activities, especially concerning their right of establishment or the freedom to provide services.
With a wide range of knowledge of the European and Latin American insurance market, Ruth advises on corporate operations, including authorization procedures, transfers of portfolio, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures or group reorganizations, as well as business development or distribution strategies.
Ruth has also specialized in contentious matters, mainly in relation to high risk insurance.
She is a member of the Madrid Bar (ICAM), the Institute of Accounting and Account Auditing (ICAC) and the Association of Professional State Insurance Inspectors (APISE).
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- State Insurance Inspector on leave of absence
- Previously an Assistant Director General of Insurance and Legislative Policy
- Account auditor of the ROAC
- Teaching experience in universities and speaker in various academic forums or sectorial forums specialized in Europe and Latin America
"She is always available."Chambers & Partners, 2018
"Ruth Duque is well known among peers."Chambers & Partners, 2018
"Formerly at the Spanish Insurance Regulatory Authority, Ruth Duque […] is praised for the high quality of her advice."Legal 500, 2014
- Law Degree, Carlos III University of Madrid (UC3M)
- Degree in Administration and Business Management, Carlos III University of Madrid (UC3M)
Awards and recognitions
CHAMBERS & PARTNERS EUROPE 2018
CHAMBERS & PARTNERS EUROPE 2017