1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to a device when visiting certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow how users browse the website to be compared and understood, which then helps to improve everyone’s browsing experience.
2. What types of cookies are there?
Depending on the company managing them:
- First-party cookies: these cookies are sent to a device from one of DWF-RCD’s own computers or domains which provide the desired service.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to a device from a computer or domain not managed by DWF-RCD but by another partner.
- Session cookies: these cookies store information needed for your session and any changes concerning it, and they also identify whether or not you are registered on the Website.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies are stored on your hard disk and the website reads them every time you visit it. A permanent cookie has a set expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date.
- Technical cookies: these cookies are needed to browse the Website and for it to run smoothly. Using these cookies allows the following to be done: monitor data traffic and transfers, access restricted areas, make purchases, use security features, store content to share videos and share content through social networks.
- Custom cookies: these cookies let you access the service using set features based on criteria, such as the language chosen, the browser used to access the service, the region where the service is being accessed from, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these cookies allow how many users there are to be determined and thereby gather figures and perform statistical analysis on the way users use the services provided.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies allow any possible advertising space on the Website to be managed in the most efficient way possible.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these cookies store information on user behavior, which is gathered through on-going monitoring. These cookies enable Internet browsing habits to be understood and allow advertising related to your browsing profile to be shown.
- _utmc: Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically (in the version before Google Analytics code), this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit. It expires when the browser session ends.
- _utmt: This cookie is set by Google Analytics and is used to throttle request rate. It expires after 10 minutes.
- PHPSESSID: Cookie used by PHP language to set a session with the website’s server. It expires when the session ends or the website is closed.
- For Internet Explorer: go to: Tools > Internet options > Privacy > Settings. Please visit the following links for more information: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9 and https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Google Chrome: go to Options > Advanced options > Privacy > Cookies. Please visit the following link for more information: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- For Mozilla Firefox: go to: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies. Please visit the following links for more information: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies and https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias?redirectlocale=es&redirectslug=habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- For Safari (IOS 8): go to Settings > Safari > Block cookies. Please visit the following link for more information: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- For Opera: go to Settings > Advanced > Privacy and security > Content settings > Cookies. Please visit the following link for more information: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- For Android: go to Menu > Settings > Security and Privacy > Turn cookies on or off. Please visit the following link for more information: http://support.google.com/android/?hl=es
- For Windows Phone: go to Internet Explorer > More > Settings > check or uncheck the Allow cookies box. Please visit the following link for more information: http://www.windowsphone.com/es-es/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
Depending on their expiration date:
Depending on their purpose:
3. What cookies does DWF-RCD’s website use?
In accordance with the Spanish Data Agency’s guidelines, we are now going to explain what cookies are used on this website, with the goal being to present as accurate a picture as possible.
ANALYTICAL AND MEASUREMENT COOKIES
Regarding Google Analytics cookies, DWF-RCD stores cookies on servers in the United States and is committed to not sharing them with third parties, except when needed in order for the system to run or when required so by law. Google Inc. is certified under Privacy Shield and ensures that a level of protection which complies with European legislation will be provided when processing all transferred data. You can access detailed information on this subject by visiting Google Analytics’ Policy through this link.
4. Uninstalling cookies
You are free to choose whether or not you want cookies to be stored on your hard disk, or if you want them to be deleted, by following the instructions outlined in your browser’s help section. You can also set your browser to accept or decline all cookies by default or set it to notify you when you receive a cookie, which allows you to decide on a case-by-case basis whether or not you want it to be stored on your hard disk. Please see the links below for managing and turning off cookies on various browsers and devices:
If you would like to have greater control over which cookies are set, you can install programs or add-ons for browsers, which are known as “Do Not Track” tools. You can use these to choose which cookies you want to allow.
If you choose to set your browser to decline all cookies or strictly this website’s cookies you may not be able to access some of our services and this may result in a less optimal browsing experience on DWF-RCD’s website.
Web browsers are responsible for storing cookies. You need to use the browser to exercise your right to delete them and turn them off. This website and its legal representatives cannot ensure that the browsers mentioned manipulate these cookies successfully or not.