AREAS OF PRACTICEGlobal Compliance and ESG
DWF-RCD has a dedicated area focused on supporting, defining and achieving the compliance objectives of any organisation, with a specific focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria
More and more, organisations are focused on adopting Compliance Management Systems (CMS) as internal structures and mechanisms aiming at demonstrating to third parties their commitment to values that are important for today's society, as well as mitigating potential criminal or sanctioning risks. In recent years, the management of the non-financial aspects of companies has also gained importance through ESG criteria, which are increasingly taken into account by investors, companies and consumers alike.
The Global Compliance and ESG Area of our firm has a specialised, multidisciplinary and multilingual team that advises on the definition and implementation of these systems and plans.
Our services include:
- Risk assessment: analysis of the organisation and applicable regulations, risk mapping and proposal of compliance structures adapted to each situation
- Drafting of documentation: corporate compliance policies, regulatory compliance manuals, code of ethics or conduct, whistleblowing channel regulations, and prevention protocols, among others
- Effective implementation: comprehensive training for managers and employees, advising the Compliance Officer or Compliance Committee on the effective application of compliance control systems and support in the potential certification process in accordance with technical standards (UNE / ISO)
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
DWF-RCD can help companies respond to the sustainability issues by incorporating protocols and measures to improve their environmental, social and corporate governance practices. We have a multidisciplinary team made up of specialists in sustainability, regulation, environment and corporate governance.
- Strategy definition: preliminary assessment, analysis of the regulatory environment and current practice vs. desired practice
- Strategy implementation: development of a roadmap, definition of a board structure with ESG competencies, development of protocols and action plans and delivery of tailor-made training programmes
- Compliance monitoring: development and implementation of effective ESG compliance reporting protocols and definition of an internal monitoring body
- Follow-up: regular review of existing documents and protocols, recurrent attendance of governing bodies during the months following the implementation of the strategy
Services related to both practices
- Risk audits
- Due diligence processing: in the purchase and sale, joint venture or investment phases
- Drafting protocols: for action on personal data protection, compliance with antitrust regulations, protection of business secrets, amongst others
- Drawing up plans: equality and criminal compliance plans