Areas of PracticeLabor and Employment Law
We provide comprehensive advice on labor and employment law and social security with a specialist approach
From our offices we serve clients across Spain. Our professionals utilize their multidisciplinary background to offer comprehensive consulting on labor law and social security to companies in various sectors, including multinationals, large companies and SMEs, as well as individuals. We also have extensive experience in rendering legal assistance before various administrative bodies and labor courts for both individual and collective proceedings.
We provide an in-depth service that addresses the specific features of each particular case. We work closely with other departments at the firm (Corporate and Commercial, Tax, Litigation and Bankruptcy) to render a highly-specialized comprehensive service.
Our range of services includes providing on-going advice and support to HR departments in labor relations and social security, advising on all kinds of projects, including collective bargaining, collective processes such as restructuring and, naturally, legal advice and defense in litigation before labor courts.
- Implementing and interpreting collective agreements
- Collective bargaining
- Opting out of agreements
- Corporate restructuring
- Labor restructuring under bankruptcy proceedings
- Significant changes in work conditions and transfers
- Collective dismissals (formerly known as Redundancy Schemes)
- Claims on any concept arising from the employment relationship, such as collective and individ-ual dismissals, job classification, significant changes in work conditions, action for payment, etc
- Claims for corporate responsibility
- Claims in matters of discrimination and other conflicts in the workplace
- Collective disputes and strike procedures
- Incentive plans for managers and employees
- Talent retention plans: bonuses, stock options, restricted stock units (RSU
- Flexible compensation plans
- Social benefits
- Equality policies
- Social security and review of corporate obligations under this area
- Occupational risk prevention and safety standards at work
- Labor dismissal: disciplinary dismissal, objective dismissal, unfair dismissal, null dismissal, unjustified dismissals
- Work contracts and working hours: hours, overtime, flexibility and availability, permits, medical leaves and vacations, among others.
- Salary: salary reduction, salary in kind, variable remuneration and salary structure modifications
- Working conditions: changes in working conditions, change of workplace, change of occupational group, change of duties, etc.
- Risk prevention: occupational accidents, occupational diseases, etc.
Dismissals and sanctions
Termination of employment on objective grounds
Geographical mobility and domestic and international travel
Dispute resolution: labor claims
Labor claims before administrative and/or judicial authorities:
Designing HR policies
Incentive and talent retention plans:
Use of computing tools protocols
LABOR AND SOCIAL SECURITY INSPECTIONS
We provide on-going advice for queries concerning various labor issues, including: