Areas of PracticeDispute Resolution Law
We provide companies and individuals legal advice and representation in litigation concerning both civil and commercial proceedings. We believe in prevention when it comes to legal advice, so we aim to avoid or simplify legal procedures and achieve favorable outcomes in the interest of our clients
Our dispute resolution advice ranges from: conducting a specific risk assessment on the client’s position, identifying strategies during the litigation phase, devising negotiation scenarios and alternatives, securing the evidence necessary for possible future litigation proceedings, and providing an approach and defense at all levels and in all types of judicial proceedings before the Courts of First Instance and Commercial Courts, including national and international arbitration, until the judgement obtained is eventually enforced.
We work in close collaboration with the firm’s other practice areas (in particular, the commercial, bankruptcy, corporate crime, real estate, and tax departments) and have experience in a broad range of sectors. We are renowned for being an experienced team that avoids unnecessary litigation and delivers high-quality service and alternative strategies that bring added-value to every challenge we face.
- Commercial: providing advice on various matters related to corporate litigation law, including corporate conflicts, disputes over the interpretation, validity and enforcement of commercial contracts, the liability of directors, the challenge of corporate agreements, unfair competition, etc.
- Civil: including civil liability in general, professional liability (lawyers, attorneys, tax consultants, managers, auditors, etc.), liability for damages and product liability, breaches of contract, disputes regarding civil and commercial contracts, payment claims, recognition and implementation of foreign judgements, and on other topics related to civil procedural law. We also advise on family procedures, mainly in disputes over assets and inheritance.
- Intellectual property: including defense in litigation over trademarks, patent and design rights, as well as disputes over ownership or intellectual property rights and any litigation concerning infringements of the right to reputation, privacy, and image rights, and in general anything related to patent and trademark disputes.
- Real estate and construction disputes: including defense in litigation over leases, property rights, construction contracts, condominium property, construction defects, construction trials, etc.
- Commerce and consumption: including defense of advertising and agency contracts, as well as distribution rights, concession and franchise contracts. Providing advice on claims, including product liability claims.
- National and international arbitration: including representation in complex matters, especially commercial proceedings.
- Administrative litigation proceedings: our public, administrative, and urban planning team advises on administrative litigation proceedings and has proven experience in providing defense counsel in such proceedings before all judicial bodies and in all areas of administrative law, which also covers fundamental right defense proceedings and administrative liability cases.