Areas of PracticeEnergy
The multidisciplinary team of highly specialized professionals in DWF-RCD’s Energy Law department works closely with other legal departments at the firm (such as Tax, Finance, Regulatory, Real Estate, Administrative Law and Urban Planning, Dispute Resolution, Corporate and M&A), and provides comprehensive services for clients needing advice on energy
Our experience encompasses the entire energy sector—from conventional projects (electricity, gas, etc.) to the particular legal challenges and needs companies and actors under the special regime face (for solar, wind, photovoltaic, thermo-solar, biogas and biomass energy activities).
More specifically, our experience includes the following:
- Procedures with regulatory administrative bodies for concentration records.
- Sector-related administrative procedures: coasts, waters, ports, highways, environment, etc.
- Enrollment in competent administrative records for developing and investing in renewable energy projects.
- Record management for starting gas or electricity trading.
- Conflict management regarding facility access and electric and gas transportation or distribution (ATR).
- Public procurement.
- Compulsory purchasing.
- Public administrations’ financial liability. Public procurement.
- Dispute resolution and litigation in the civil and commercial field: legal, administrative and regulatory due diligence.
- Energy M&A/investment: sale and acquisition of energy assets or companies (national or international), joint ventures, investment structures, comprehensive due diligence, etc.
- Transaction finance and project finance.
- Energy contracts: supply of water, gas, electricity, GNL, O&M, EPC, PPA, energy services, consumers and users, ATR contracts, agency contracts for energy sales, etc.
- Frequent regulatory advice for the electricity and gas sector: reporting requirements, activity or accounting unbundling, rules of conduct, interacting with other actors, etc.
- Tax Advice in the energy sector.