We advise clubs, entities and sports foundations, as well as elite athletes and senior managers. We also provide advice to different companies providing services across the sports sector.
We offer comprehensive advice to all actors involved in the sports industry. Our advice includes the following areas of law:
- Advice to sports entities (clubs, public limited sports companies, foundations and associations) on M&A operations, corporate law, restructuring, etc.
- Negotiation, drafting and supervision of specific commercial contracts: sponsorship, broadcasting & media rights, merchandising, franchising, marketing, ticketing, partnership, image rights, trademark licenses, etc.
Labor and Employment
- Advice on the recruitment of athletes, technical personnel, management personnel and employees of sports entities.
- Advice on recurrent aspects in the field of sports contracting, ordinary and special labor relations and Social Security, as well as assistance and advice with regard to restructuring processes and labor disputes.
- Counseling and legal representation in pre-litigation and litigation processes in relation to image rights, sponsorship, labor/service breaches, etc.
- Management of taxation of both sports entities and elite athletes.
- Advice on matters of tax planning, private wealth, international taxation and optimization of financial structures in defense of their interests both before the AEAT and courts.
Intelectual and Industrial Property
- Legal advice in relation to image and advertising rights, trademark registration, etc.
- Legal defense in administrative, judicial and extrajudicial procedures.
- Assistance before the corresponding public bodies with the procurement of residence and work permits for elite athletes and support personnel (logistics, family members, etc.).
We can also offer advice on Real Estate & Urban Planning, Criminal Law & Compliance and Privacy & Data Protection, among other areas.