Carlos is specialised in advising in mergers and acquisitions and has vast experience in national and international deals, with a particular focus on venture capital, start-ups and disruptive technology companies. Carlos regularly advises clients on their M&A operations (share trading –from a buying and selling perspective-, investment rounds, joint ventures and restructuring operations).
His clients include important digital financial institutions (digital banks) as well as other fintech platforms, some of the world’s most significant projects in blockchain technology, innovative e-Health institutions, a large number of technological companies and start-ups from various sectors (including industrial, IT, e-commerce and life sciences) and investment funds.
Carlos also has experience in regulatory authorisation processes before the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (Spanish National Stock Market Commission) and the Banco de España (Spanish national bank) and regularly advises his clients in company law, incentive plans, intellectual property and other commercial matters.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Secretary to the Board of Directors in many institutions which he regularly advises
- Creator and director of the specialised course ‘Purchase and Sales of Companies’, Madrid’s Bar Association (ICAM)
- Regular speaker in courses and conferences in various business centres and universities around the country
- Master in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues (CEG)
- Master in Energy Law, Spanish Institute of Energy
- Law degree, Complutense University of Madrid (UCM)
Awards and recognitions
- Technology law
- Venture Capital Law