Josu has over fifteen years of experience advising domestic and multinational companies on their legal needs. As a lawyer in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Department, he primarily provides comprehensive advice to technology-driven entrepreneurs and startups, guiding his clients throughout all stages of a project’s lifecycle.
With a wealth of M&A experience, he has advised domestic and international companies on joint ventures, funding rounds, and share purchase agreements.
A fine example of his practice can be found in the regulatory realm, where he has taken an active part in authorizing and registering a variety of entities with the Spanish National Securities Market Commission (CNMV), including management companies (SGEIC), venture capital firms (ECR), crowdfunding platforms (PFP), and investment service firms (ESI).
Before joining DWF-RCD, he was a partner and head of the Corporate Law Department at CIALT Asesores.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Company and vice-company secretary for a variety of enterprises
- Author of various publications in sector-related press
- Member of final examination committees for the LLM Master’s degree at the IE Business School
- Former professor in the Master’s degree for Access to the Legal Profession at CEU San Pablo University and in the Master’s degree in Corporate Insolvency at CEU San Pablo University
- Law Degree, University of the Basque Country (UPV)
- Postgraduate degree in Tax Consultancy, Chamber of Commerce of Gipuzkoa
- Master’s Degree in Legal Business Consulting, IE Business School
Awards and recognitions
- Technology Law